NVQ Level 3 Childcare
To do the NVQ level 3 Childcare Course, you must be sixteen years of age or older, a level 2 early years qualification, or already have a significant amount of experience working in a childcare setting of some sorts.
This particular qualification covers ages ranging from birth to sixteen years, and are designed in a way that shows your practical competence in the workplace. These tasks are based on standard set by National Occupational Children’s Care, level 3 Learning and Development.
Your assessments are achieved by direct observations of your activities in the workplace, as well as additional facts and data of your performance, like professional dialogue and witness reviews. As these assessments are conducted while you are at work for the complete duration of the course, it is essential that you are already employed in this type of environment, before you enrol for a NVQ Level 3 Childcare course.
The length of time it takes to complete an NVQ Level 3 Childcare course depends on the abilities of the individual to collect and record the required data, although it has been found that most people taking the course, complete it within a two year period.
As mentioned earlier, the NVQ Level 3 Childcare course is best suited to those who already have a job, supervised or unsupervised, in a childcare setting where they have daily personal contact with children and their families. The main objective of the NVQ Level 3 Childcare course is to enhance the experience that students have already gathered in their careers in childcare.
The NVQ Level 3 Childcare course is made up of nine sections, namely five that are compulsory subjects, and the remaining four chosen over two groups.
The five compulsory sections that all students must have include,
• The development and promotion of happy, constructive relationships
• The development and maintenance of a safe, secure, and healthy situation for the child
• The promotion of the child’s growth
• Developing and reflecting on practice
• The protection and promotion of the child’s rights
Then, students have the option of choosing four of the following section as well:
• The promotion of the healthiness and physical development of the child
• The planning and implementation of curriculum structures for early education of the child
• Assessment of the child’s improvement in accordance with the curriculum structures for early education
• The planning and implementation of ensuring happy, healthy, environments for children who are under the age of three
• The provision of physical care that ensures the promotion of health and development of children and babies who are under three years of age
• Making use of communication and information technology that will maintain the child’s learning progression
• The establishment of surroundings for the promotion of positive behaviour in children
The great thing though, is that these online NVQ Level 3 Childcare course classes provide full support from the assessors, which gives students the opportunity to complete the course at their own pace, while still being able to perform at their best in the childcare role they work in.
Students who complete the NVQ Level 3 Childcare course will qualify to work as a nursery officer, have the knowledge to supervise others, and will have the same qualification as a DCE, NNEB, or BTEC National Diploma.